Play The Fortune Cookie Prophecies Twitter & Facebook Contest for a chance to win a DVD!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES AND REGULATIONS
No purchase necessary. Open to Residents of Continental United States and Canada that have reached the age of majority at the time of entry in the state/ province/ territory in which they reside.
The Fortune Cookie Prophecies Twitter & Facebook Contest
1. CONTEST PARTIES. The Fortune Cookie Prophecies Twitter & Facebook Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored solely by Red Lotus Films Inc. (the “Sponsor”). The Sponsor, and their respective employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents and representatives, are collectively referred to as the “Contest Parties”. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter or Facebook. Any questions, comments, or complaints regarding the Contest should be directed to the Sponsor.
2. READ CAREFULLY. This Contest will run in accordance with these Official Contest Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”). The Sponsor reserves the right, subject to any required approval of any regulatory authorities, to cancel, amend, modify or terminate this Contest or these Official Rules at any time in its sole discretion and without further notice. You must comply with these Official Rules and you will be deemed to have received, understood and agreed to these Official Rules if you participate in this Contest. In the event of a dispute, the Sponsor shall have the right to make the final decision.
3. ELIGIBILITY: To enter and be eligible to win, a person must be (i) a legal resident of United States of America or Canada who has reached the age of majority at time of entry in the state/ province/ territory in which he/she resides. Specifically excluded from entering the Contest are: (i) employees, shareholders, officers, directors, agents, representatives, and advertising and promotional agencies of the Sponsor; and (ii) a member of any such person’s immediate family (regardless of where they live) or persons with whom any such person is domiciled (whether related to the person or not). In these Official Rules, “immediate family” includes mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, partner or spouse.
4. CONTEST PERIOD. The Contest begins at 9:00:00 AM (EST) on July 26th, 2013 and ends at 5:59:59 PM (EST) on August 26th, 2013 (the “Promotion Period”). All times are Eastern Standard Times.
5. HOW TO ENTER AND BE ELIGIBLE FOR A PRIZE:
To enter the Contest, carry out the steps in 5 (a) and/ or 5 (b). One (1) entry will be given for steps carried out in 5 (a) and one (1) entry will be given out for steps carried out in 5 (b) for a total of two (2) entries.
Upon tweeting your tweet to “@fcp444” using hashtag #FortuneCookieProphecies, you will then receive, subject to compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) entry into the Contest for the Contest Period in which you tweeted.
If you do not have a Twitter account, you will need to create one. Visit and follow the instructions to register for a free account. To become a Follower of the Sponsor, you must access your twitter account and search people for “FCPthefilm” and click the “Follow” button corresponding to @fcp444. Entrants are subject to Twitter's Terms of Service and Rules; these can be found at Sponsor is not responsible in any way for any decisions Twitter makes regarding the entrant's account with Twitter.
Upon clicking the Like button, you will then receive, subject to compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) entry into the Contest for the Contest Period in which you Like.
If you do not have a Facebook account, you will need to create one. Visit and follow the instructions to register for a free account. To Like the Sponsor's Facebook page, you must access your Facebook account and search for “Fortune Cookie Prophecies” and click the “Like” button corresponding to the entire page (i.e., not an individual post, etc.). Entrants are subject to Facebook's Terms of Service and Rules. Sponsor is not responsible in any way for any decisions Facebook makes regarding the entrant's account with Facebook.
6. Limit of one (1) entry per Twitter account and one (1) entry per Facebook account per person per Contest Period. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter the Contest will be ineligible to participate in the Contest. Use of any automated, script, macro, robotic or other program(s) to enter or otherwise participate in this Contest is prohibited and will automatically result in disqualification from the Contest. In the event an entrant tweets inappropriate content, in the sole discretion of the Sponsor, he or she will be disqualified from the Contest. Anyone found “spamming” by posting multiple unrelated updates, comments or pictures that are unrelated to #FortuneCookieProphecies or by sending large numbers of duplicate @fcp444 replies unrelated to the Contest will be disqualified from the Contest. In the event of a dispute, online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter account and/ or Facebook account submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned a Twitter or Facebook account by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning Twitter or Facebook accounts for the domain associated with the submitted Twitter or Facebook account. The selected entrant(s) may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter and Facebook account associated with the selected entry name change. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules. The Sponsor and its employees, representatives and agents are not responsible for any lost, late, misdirected, delayed and not received (including failures due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including malfunctioning of any network, servers, access providers, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or recipient), damaged, illegible, mechanically duplicated or incomplete entries or any inaccurate transcription of entry information. Proof of tweeting an entry is not proof of receipt by Sponsor. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entries submitted in accordance with these Official Rules shall be referred to hereafter as the “Eligible Entries”. Entries must be received on or before each Contest Period Cut-off Date in order to participate in the draw for that Contest Period. Subject to applicable law, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who (i) tampers with, or attempts to tamper with, the entry process; or (ii) violates any of these Official Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations. If you use Twitter or Facebook via a wireless mobile device, standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your device. Other charges may also be applied by your wireless carrier. Participation by wireless mobile device is not a condition of entry.
7. TWEETING FORMAT AND CONTENT
Each submitted Tweet:
a. must be in English;
b. must contain the hashtag #FortuneCookieProphecies and must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any offensive, obscene, immoral or illegal depictions;
c. must be intended for family audience viewing and contain only content that, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, is suitable for all persons, including persons under the age of 13;
d. must not, in the sole and unfettered discretion of the Sponsor, contain any nude, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content; including, but not limited to, crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols; derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual, religious or other groups; content that endorses, condones and/or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky behaviour or conduct (including but not limited to the use of alcohol or drugs); personal information of individuals, including, without limitation, names, telephone numbers and addresses (physical or electronic);
e. must be tweeted only once;
f. must not contain any copyrighted works (other than as owned by the Entrant; the official Fortune Cookie Prophecies poster is the only exception).
g. must not contain any third party trademarks or logos; and
h. must not violate any law.
8. PRIZES: There are five (5) prizes available to be won during Contest Period (herein referred to individually as “Prize” and collectively as “Prizes”). Each Prize consists of one (1) standard definition DVD of the feature film “Fortune Cookie Prophecies” (2011) starring John Maillet and Emily Alatalo.
Any and all costs incurred by a person that is awarded a Prize (each a “Winner”), including, but not limited to, meals, transportation, insurance (including health insurance), telephone, fax and email charges, sightseeing and optional excursions, and items of a personal nature, are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner, and are not included in the Prize. Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution and is not transferable (except at the discretion of the Sponsor). Prize may not be redeemed for cash or credit, in whole or in part, and has no cash value. Sponsor is not responsible if the Contest is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, and a Winner will not be reimbursed for any portion of the Prize that may become unavailable. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or terminate the award of the Prize or any component of the Prize in the event that the Prize Winner engages in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive behaviour, or behaviour with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Under no circumstances may any portion, component or element of the Prize be resold or offered for resale by the Prize Winner or any other person. Other restrictions may apply. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize or component of the Prize for one of equal or greater value, without liability. Limit of one (1) Prize per person during the Contest Period.
9. PRIZE DRAWS: A total of five (5) random draws will be held on September 2, 2013. The five (5) random draws will be held to determine the Prize Winners from among all eligible entries received during Contest Period. If the random draws cannot take place on the applicable draw date for whatever reason, the random draws will take place on the next available day. Odds of being selected for a Prize depend on the total number of eligible entries received during Contest Period.
10. AWARDING OF THE PRIZE: The Sponsor will attempt to contact selected entrants by private message on Twitter or Facebook within 24 hours of being selected to confirm identity and to obtain contact information (including full mailing address) so that the Prize can be mailed out to you (method of mailing will be at the sole discretion of the Sponsor). To be declared a Prize Winner and in acceptance of the Prize, a selected entrant: (i) confirms compliance with these Official Rules, certifying eligibility, (ii) confirms acceptance of the Prize as awarded, without substitution, (iii) releases the Sponsor, and/or its parent company, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies, and all of their respective agents, employees, directors, officers, shareholders, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any liability in connection with the Contest and the Prize (including the use and/or misuse), any portion thereof or this Contest or any event or party held in connection with the Contest, (iv) agrees to the use of his/her name, address (state/ province/ territory) and/or photograph and, in all cases without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest, (v) indemnifies the Releasees from any claims made by third parties, related to the Prize, the Contest, any event or party held in connection with the Contest, and/or the disclosure or use of personal information regarding the entrant to the Sponsor; and (vi) an acknowledgement of, and agreement to, comply with the responsibility guidelines set out in Rule 11. If a selected entrant (a) cannot be reached by reasonable efforts or (b) otherwise is not in compliance with these Official Rules; then he/she will be disqualified and another entrant will be randomly selected from among all remaining Eligible Entries for that Contest Period until such time as contact is made with the selected entrant or there are no more Eligible Entries or all the Prizes have been given out, whichever is earlier. The Sponsor will not be responsible for failed attempts to contact a selected entrant. The Prize will be coordinated by the Sponsor with the winner.
11. RESPONSIBILITY. BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE ENTRANT WILL ABIDE BY THE RULES OF THE FORTUNE COOKIE PROPHECIES TWITTER & FACEBOOK CONTEST. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF RULE 13, EACH ENTRANT HEREBY RELEASES EACH OF THE RELEASEES FROM ANY LIABILITY RELATED TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ATTENDANCE OF THE ENTRANT AT ANY EVENT OR PARTY HELD IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR SUCH GUESTS CONDUCT AT SUCH EVENT OR PARTY, AND AGREES TO HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASEES FROM ANY CLAIM OR LOSS RELATED TO OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ATTENDANCE OF SUCH GUESTS AT ANY OTHER EVENT HELD IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR SUCH GUESTS CONDUCT AT SUCH EVENT OR PARTY. THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT IF THE ENTRANT IS DECLARED THE WINNER OF A PRIZE, HE/SHE MUST BE AGE OF MAJORITY.
12. GENERAL: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to abide by the Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor with respect to all aspects of the Contest, which are final. No correspondence will be entered into except with the selected entrants. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws.
13. RELEASE AND INDEMNITY. By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that the Sponsor, Twitter, Inc., Facebook, Inc., and all of their respective agents, employees, directors, officers, shareholders, successors and assigns, shall not be held responsible and that the entrant has no right to bring (and covenants and agrees not to bring) any claim, action or proceeding of any kind or nature whatsoever against such persons in connection with this Contest. BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS EACH OF THE RELEASEES AND TWITTER AND FACEBOOK FROM ANY LIABILITY, CLAIM OR DAMAGE (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PERSONAL INJURY, BODILY INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE AND LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY OTHER KIND) ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, ANY EVENT OR PARTY HELD IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST OR ANY USE, COLLECTION, STORAGE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OR, IF DECLARED A WINNER, THE PRIZE (INCLUDING ANY USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZES). YOU WILL HOLD ALL OF THE RELEASEES HARMLESS IN THE EVENT IT IS DISCOVERED THAT YOU HAVE DEPARTED FROM OR NOT FULLY COMPLIED WITH ANY OF THE OFFICIAL RULES. THIS RELEASE AND INDEMNITY SHALL CONTINUE IN FORCE FOLLOWING THE TERMINATION OF THE CONTEST AND/OR THE AWARDING OF THE PRIZE.
14. Entries received shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the Twitter and/ or Facebook account associated with the entry. For purposes of these Official Rules "authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a Twitter account by Twitter and Facebook account by Facebook. Each potential winner may be required to provide Sponsor with proof he/she is the authorized account holder of the Twitter and/ or Facebook account associated with a winning entry.
15. By entering and/or accepting a Prize, each entrant and/or winner consents to the use of his/her name, address (state/ province/ territory) and/or photograph, in all cases without further remuneration, in connection with any publicity carried out by or on behalf of the Sponsor with respect to the Contest.
16. The Contest Parties will not be liable for any failure of any Contest related website, and do not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or transmissions, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or failures of any telephone or computer lines or networks, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof. The use of an invalid email address or Twitter account or Facebook account will disqualify all entries from those users/email addresses/Twitter accounts/ Facebook accounts. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online entry in this Contest will be the Contest server machine(s). In the event it is determined that an entrant has entered in a fashion not sanctioned by these Official Rules and/or has submitted more than the number of entries permitted by these Official Rules, the entrant will be disqualified and all of the entries submitted by the entrant will be disqualified. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of these Official Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including, but not limited to: the Entry Form, and/or point of sale, television, print or online advertising; the terms and conditions of these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. PERSONAL INFORMATION. The Sponsor respects your right to privacy. Personal information collected from entrants will only be used by the Sponsor to administer the Contest and to provide the entrants with information regarding upcoming contests and/or events from the Sponsor. You are providing this information to the Sponsor and not to Twitter and not to Facebook. By entering this Contest, you consent to the collection, use, storage, sharing and disclosure by the Sponsor (and its officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives) of the personal information provided by you in accordance with these Official Rules of the Contest.